High School Completion Kits
Rolling Hills Library provides laptops and mobile hotspots for extended checkout to support those who are trying to complete their high school diploma.
To be eligible for the MOLearns program and check out a laptop kit, you must:
- be a Missouri resident
- be 17 years old or older and not currently enrolled in high school
- have the ability to go to an onsite location to take the placement test, usually an adult education program run by a school district or community college
- return to the onsite location to take an updated placement test at the request of your online teacher
- have and know how to use an email account
- study a minimum of 5 hours per week or 20 hours per month
- maintain weekly email communication with an online teacher
- have regular access to a computer with internet (this is the part you will get from the library)
STEPS TO ENROLLING AND CHECKING OUT A KIT
⃞⃞⃞ 1) Get an internet e-mail address and password, if you don’t already have one.
⃞ 2) Fill out the online application at MOLearns.com.
⃞ 3) After a few days you will get directions on where to take your placement test and where to send results.
⃞ 4) Once your scores are received, you will get a username and password to log in to MOLearns.com.
⃞ 5) Come to or call the Rolling Hills Library to see if a laptop kit is available to reserve and set up your orientation appointment.
⃞ 6) Apply for library card, if you don’t have one.
⃞ 7) Show up at your appointment, fill out the additional laptop kit application, and then you can check out the kit and take it home.
Checkout period is 6 months. You might reserve a kit at the library before you begin these steps, but then you only have 10 days to make your orientation appointment before we will pass it on to the next person waiting.
Library staff can help with some of the steps, and you can apply to MOLearns from one of our library computers. Please ask if you need help and we will try our best to get you started.