Late Summer Boredom Busters for Kids
Got those end-of-the-summer, school-hasn’t-started-yet, i’m-bored blues? Here’s a list of fun things for kids to do to fight off the boredom, as well as some links to more activities.
Boredom Busting Activities for Kids
- Let your kids have fun painting — and then eating — rainbow toast.
- Learn a new card game.
- Make friendship bracelets.
- Make your own toy car wash.
- Make a treasure hunt.
- Learn the ASL sign language alphabet and some basic signs (QUIET BONUS!!!)
- Identify 5 new plants, trees or birds in your neighborhood.
- Write a story using the Story Starter Scrambler.
- Make homemade popsicles (HEALTHY BONUS!!!)
- Write letters to family and friends.
Boredom Busting Library Books
- Barnacle is Bored
- Bored Bill
- I’m Bored
- Caveboy is Bored
- Aunt Matilda’s Almost Boring Party
- Delia’s Dull Day
- Get out: outdoor activities kids can enjoy everywhere (except indoors)
- 101 kids activities that are the bestest, funnest ever: the entertainment solution for parents, relatives & babysitters
- 365 afterschool activities: TV-free fun for kids ages 7-12
More Lists of Boredom Busting Activities
- 29 Boredom Busters Your Kids Will Actually Love
- 24 Boredom Busters for Kids
- Summer Boredom Busters
- 100 Frugal Summer Activities
- 100 Summer Fun Ideas for Kids and Parents